At Aiviq, we create clarity for the world’s investment managers. Our cloud-based data and analytics platform already turns disparate client investment information into enterprise-wide datasets for hundreds of industry use cases across our Investment Manager clients, and we’re not done yet.
We’re looking for innovative, open-minded technical business analysts to join our growing team as we continue to scale our products – helping to drive sales strategy, analyse fund purchasing patterns, digitally service investors and meet financial reporting requirements.
What you’ll be doing
Our Technical Business Analyst sit within our Product team and are an integral part of our agile development process. You’ll be working hands-on with engaged end-users, full stack engineers and quality assurance specialists to translate the product vision into high-quality, industry-changing software, in a team where two days never quite look the same.
- Engage and collaborate with the wider Product team to set and track measurable product objectives that align with the wider Product Vision
- Prioritise and refine product backlog items into clearly expressed user stories that satisfy the Definition of Ready
- Analyse how product requirements translate into technical user stories and work with Engineering teams to establish comprehensive acceptance criteria to improve product quality and scalability
- Design data processing rules, models, algorithms and reporting and integration patterns, taking product features through from initial user research through to production artefacts
- Author technical documentation relating to product enhancements and new business logic for various internal and external audiences
- Showcase new product features to end-users, product sponsors and customer services representatives to articulate the associated use cases and new business value created
What you’ll need
- 5+ years’ experience in an analytical role in a Software Delivery environment, ideally but not necessarily with a background in Financial Services Technology
- Demonstrable Systems Business Analysis skills, combined with broad experience developing product across the data lifecycle (Ingestion, Transformation, Consumption/Integration, Storage & Access)
- Advanced SQL and/or C# knowledge to query data, validate requirements and confirm business logic
- Experience working in Product Delivery teams, bringing an understanding of SCRUM/Agile methodologies, design systems thinking and approaches to user analytics to drive development
- Experience working across data science domains such as data cleansing/wrangling, data mining and statistical analysis, cloud and distributed computing, ML/cognitive computing and business intelligence/visualisation
What we look for
- A passion for data and analytics and a focus on building products that empower decisions
- An innovative spirit, using technical acumen and creating thinking to proactively solve problems
- Strong communication skills and an ability to motivate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
- An inquisitive, total quality mindset with strong attention to detail and focus on user outcomes
- A respect for others, open-mindedness and diversity of thought
Aiviq is growing UK-based FinTech, specialising in developing SaaS products for the world’s investment Managers. We are backed by Alpha Financial Markets Consulting Plc, a global Asset & Wealth Management Consultancy